A hot sunny day

Sunday 18th May 2014

Dad had his operation this morning, which apparently went well. They only did a partial hip replacement (they replaced the ball on top of the femur), which should mean his recovery is quicker. The fact that he’d had his operation in the morning, I decided not to visit in the afternoon, but to go in in the evening, giving him a bit more time to recover. So in the afternoon, as it was a lovely day, I took Jez and Max out to the Sika Trail in Wareham Forest.

The Sika Trail

Jez had to cool down in the first puddle she saw, and can be seen here with her head lowered and her bottom stuck up in the air.

Jez cools down, bottom in the air

In fact, she did quite a bit of cooling down in the little ponds of water as we walked round.

Jez has another coold down

Of course, Max had to get in on the act too.

Max waits for his cone

I was surprised to see that there was so much cotton grass out. It seems to be very prolific this year.

The cotton grass is prolific this year

We wandered on and Max headed straight for one of his favourite ponds.

Max in the pond

And then we came across the cows, lying down in a spot of shade. Max gave one bark and then headed for the next pool of water. Jez was more inquisitive though.

Jez checks out the cows who have found a bit of shade

Max found his water, but can you spot him in this photo. He’s standing in the little pool with his head sticking above the bank, waiting for me to come along.

Where's Max

Eventually with came to the Gruffalo Pool, where both Jez and Max took the opportunity to cool down. This photo is of Max. I didn’t get one of Jez, who waded out and then hid under the bridge.

Max in the Gruffalo Pool

After that it was back to the car.

As I said, in the evening I went to visit Dad in Poole Hospital. Note to self: my Dad and Katamine do not go together. They had given him the Ketamine for his operation, and combined with the morphine he was on it gave him bad hallucinations. I didn’t stay very long as I was making him so agitated. Eventually they gave him a sedative and at least he slept after that. Other than that, he was well in himself.

And last, but not least, we had two visitors at bedtime.

We had two visitors

We don’t get hedgehogs in the garden very often – we think because of the foxes and badgers. As you can see, these two were quite big. Max was very wary of them, but Jez was trying to pick one up, so we took the dogs inside and left the hedgehogs in peace.

A year ago today

It was a lovely sunny day a year ago today as well, and Max and I went for a walk on Canford Heath.

Longfleet Drive


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s